Professor, Dr. Sci. (Physics)
O-okayama 2-12-1, Meguro, Tokyo, E-mail: nakao[at]sc.e.titech.ac.jp
Field of study:
Nonlinear dynamics and stochastic processes
Progress of Theoretical and Experimental Physics (JPS, Editor, 2012-), NOLTA (IEICE, Associate Editor, 2015-), Physica D (Elsevier, Editor, 2018-2021),
Theoretical studies in nonlinear science
Nonlinear dynamics, rhythmic phenomena, nonlinear oscillations, chaos, reduction theory, coupled dynamical systems, reactiom-diffusion systems, synchronization, pattern formation, self-organization, fractals, complex networks, network dynamics, etc.
- Reduction theory of nonlinear dynamical systems
- Collective dynamics of coupled oscillator networks
- Pattern formation and chaos in network-coupled dynamical systems
- Synchronization and coherence of nonlinear oscillators subjected to common noise
- Non-Gaussian intermittent stochastic processes
Selected papers [List]
Hiroya Nakao, "Phase reduction approach to synchronization of nonlinear oscillators", Contemporary Physics 57, 188-214 (2016).
- "Phase reduction approach to synchronization of spatiotemporal rhythms in reaction-diffusion systems",
Hiroya Nakao, Tatsuo Yanagita, and Yoji Kawamura, Physical Review X 4, 021032 (2014).
- "Phase reduction method for strongly perturbed limit cycle oscillators",Wataru Kurebayashi, Sho Shirasaka, and Hiroya Nakao, Physical Review Letters 111, 214101 (2013).
- "Dynamics of limit cycle oscillators subject to general noise", Denis S. Goldobin. Jun-nosuke Teramae, Hiroya Nakao, and G. Bard Ermentrout, Physical Review Letters 105, 154101 (2010).
- "Turing patterns in network-organized activator-inhibitor systems", Hiroya Nakao and Alexander S. Mikhailov, Nature Physics 6, 544-550 (2010).
- "Stochastic phase reduction for a general class of noisy limit cycle oscillators", Jun-nosuke Teramae, Hiroya Nakao, and G. Bard Ermentrout, Physical Review Letters 102, 194102(1-4) (2009).
- "Collective phase sensitivity", Yoji Kawamura, Hiroya Nakao, Kensuke Arai, Hiroshi Kori, and Yoshiki Kuramoto, Physical Review Letters 101, 024101 (2008).
- "Noise-induced synchronization and clustering in ensembles of uncoupled limit-cycle oscillators", Hiroya Nakao, Kensuke Arai, and Yoji Kawamura, Physical Review Letters 98, 184101 (2007).